Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Evening Update

Hi all. Lizzy again...

I just got off the phone with Kat. Michael had a little bit of a set back today. They turned off the drain in his brain (ha - that rhymed) to see what would happen and he pretty much forgot everything - didn't even know what year he was born or anything. So at this point the drain is necessary. But Kat was REALLY encouraged because a DOCTOR (not a nurse) told HER (not someone else) that Michael will be fine.

Tomorrow is the angioplasty. If they find something, then they will do what they need to/can to fix it (this could include opening his skull - but get this - the dr. says if that happens, that the recovery from that is LESS than from an appendectomy!) So what we're hoping/praying for is that when Kat gets to Michael's room tomorrow, that he's not there, because that will mean they figured out what's going on and are fixing it.

If that's not the case...well.... let's just not go there.

Kat hasn't heard about her CAT scan. She's going to call tomorrow, so I'll for sure call her tomorrow night to get the scoop on anything and everything!

Kat has also read three million books in the last week and a half.... LOL!!!!

Father - please be with Michael & Kat tomorrow. We know that your plans are best, but we also know you want to hear the desires of our hearts, so MY desire is that they find what's happened in Michael's noggin, and are able to fix it. So there... now you know. Be with the Doctors & Nurses tomorrow. Guide their hands. Give Kat peace. Also too it's my desire that Kat's CAT scan come back clean as a whistle. Now Father, this is what I pray, and I ask for acceptance for YOUR plan... because as they say, Father knows best. In your name - Amen.

(Please forgive me if that prayer seems irreverent... I always figured God gave me my sense of humor so maybe he'd like to hear it sometime)

34 comments:

Rhea said...

I'm sending love through these cyber lines to the Sunshine Lemonade family! Love you, Kat! Hang in there!

Kori said...

I love you all so much.

Still praying.

Elena said...

Lizzy, How can God not smile and answer that prayer? You are such a crack up. And I'm so glad that you make us all smile even through this difficult time for our dear Kat lady!

Michelle said...

Kat - I've been totally swamped for the past several days, but know that I've been thinking of you and Michael lots and keeping you in my prayers. I can't wait to hear the good news after tomorow -- call me an optimist! We're here!

ChicagoLady said...

Praying for some good news soon! Be strong, and remember that God is watching over you and your family.

Carrie said...

Giraffes (and Lizzy) are proof that God has a sense of humor. " ) I personally love your prayer...

We are still praying for your family every day!!

Mariah said...

Lizzy- you are fantastic even when situations are as they are. I'd be crying my sobby ass all over the internet.

Kat- Stay strong, you are in my prayers.

Michael- Fight it man, you can do it, whatever it is. Learn from it and GET HEALTHY.

Madalyn and Katie- You are blessed to be in such a great family.

My thoughts and prayers are with ALL of you! ALL DAY! Not kidding.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so scary about the drain. I'm so happy the doctors think he will be fine.

Your all in our prayers.

Kelly said...

Keeping you all in my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

Thanks again for the update, Lizzie!

Swirl Girl said...

Fingers and toes crossed for good news for both of them!

Britt said...

Lizzy, I love that you pray as yourself .. I grew up around stuffy, flowery prayers. It's nice hearing 'real' prayers straight from the heart =-) Humor and all.

Kat dear, I'm praying for your dear husband. That his body will heal, and his sanity will stay in tact through all of this.

And for you, lovely miss. That you will have peace of mind, and a calm spirit, while resting in His Arms through all of this madness. Praying that you are getting enough sleep (so glad to hear you are reading tons! a little normal when everything tips is always good) and that you are able to keep your sanity and wits about you through the storm.

And for your gorgeous girls .. peace, love and trust in you, Michael, and the Father above. I know how scary it is having family in the hospital when your little. Hold them tight and keep whispering that it'll be okay. :o)

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear about the setback, hopefully with the drain in he can continue to recovery. i'll be praying for good results tomorrow.

Firefly Mom said...

I'm glad that she finally got some word from an actual doctor. It can be frustrating always getting things second (or third) hand. Hopefully they'll find the problem and fix it quickly!

Unknown said...

Continuing to pray for you Kat (and family). I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

If you need a new book try War and Peace. That should take a week or so ;)

Keep in good spirits even when it is hard by just remembering all the people out there thinking about you and praying for you. You may just be this virtual person I've never met but in my mind you're a friend. So I'm praying for you and I hope it gives you some peace and comfort.

Ronda's Rants said...

I am praying too! Not as great as Lizzy but just as heartfelt!
Sending love...thank you Lizzy for keeping us updated!

Jen said...

Hang in there Kat! I am continually praying.

Susan said...

Prayers for you, Kat. Hang in there.

Vickie said...

Lizzy, I have been to your blog a few times and read your comments on other's blogs. You always put a smile on my face or crack me up:)

I am hoping for positive outcomes for both Mike and Kat.

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}

Ronnica said...

Praying for you and Michael both, Kat!

Angie's Spot said...

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts from this neck of the woods! And I'll be happy to send you some new books if you need them. Just say the word!

Kristin said...

Prayers upon prayers.

Teri said...

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. Kat, still sending all kinds of prayers, good wishes, happy thoughts, positive energy your way. Michael, beat this!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Thanks for the update, Lizzy and the irreverent prayer. I agree with you.

And Kat, I am still praying for you and your family. *hugs*

Brandy said...

Still praying...

Lizzie thank you for being our link to Kat.

Sarah said...

Amen to that prayer. (((hugs))) to you all.

Tracy P. said...

Praying for you and your girls today, Kat and Michael!

And Lizzy, I love that you are letting people hear what it's like when someone talks to God. Maybe some don't know He's heavenly enough to handle down to earth. ;-)

Blessings and peace to all!

Brian and Staci said...

Still praying :)

Susie said...

Sounds like they aren't out of the woods yet. Thanks for the update again. They are in my thoughts.

Jennifer P. said...

In the same vein of trying to find the humor in all things, that whole "forgets everything" syndrome COULD work to Kat's advantage ;)! Maybe they can install some kind of switch?!

Still praying for both of them.

Can't wait to hear about your adventures and your reading list when you're ready to share Kat!

Love to you!

Rosemary Q said...

Praying for more good news...

Linda said...

Still praying for only good news and complete healing.

Shannon said...

Love you guys.

xoxo

Debbie said...

I LOVED every word of your prayer!