Well…it’s my 100th post. And according to tradition, I am supposed to do a 100 things about me post. I have started it. But I only have thirty something things on that list. And it’s not too interesting. And I am a big fan of avoidance behavior. There could not be a better avoidance technique than doing a meme.
Now the first meme I did was about what was on my desk. I was tagged by my own daughter. Who was tagged before me. (Hey…she needs that “I tagged Jill” badge!) Then, Rhea tagged me for a list of 6 random things and a book meme. I was sure that the book meme sealed the deal on never being tagged again.
I have seen this particular meme played out on several blogs. And I even commented on Mrs. Romero’s blog that it looked like fun. I guess I crashed the party, because she then added me to the list. And then, I was tagged again for the same one by Heather, Lula, and Joye. Four tags for the same meme! I’m feelin’ the love! So…here we go:
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let me think. End of May, 1998? Ummm…I had just bought a nanny placement agency, and I was trying to balance working that with having a 5 month old baby girl. Who was so happy…except when I paused in my adoration of her to take a business phone call. And she began to scream like a banshee. Phone call ends, smiles and giggles all around.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
Peanut butter crackers
Lazy apples (you know…the ones that are already cut up)
Do desserts count as snacks? Snickerdoodle cookies
Five Things On My To-Do List Today:
Pack the girls for camp
Finish cutting up strawberries to freeze
Take a shower (I’ve been informed that I must add get dressed as well. Who knew?)
Pick up my car from its check-up
Finished the dreaded “Little Women”
Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:
Buy a house in Hawaii so I could
stalk visit the cast of Lost with my other stalkers friends: Lula, Heather, Rhea, Tali, and whoever else wants to join us in our quest for restraining orders. (Thanks for the idea, Lula!)
Travel the world.
Give money to charity
Add three bathrooms to my house
OH, the list goes on and on…I already have it spent. Now, who’s going to give me a billion dollars?
Five Jobs I Have Had:
Sales at Macys in high school and college
Owned my own company
High school Latin teacher
Five of My Bad Habits:
- Impulse shopping
- Proscrastinating (ummm…how long have I had this on my to do list? Am I working on the 100 list? Yep…procrastination is also a talent of mine)
- Gossiping (my favorite quote is from “Steel Magnolias” – “If you don’t have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.”)
- Taking things too personally
Five Places I've Lived:
Winter Park, Florida
Coral Springs, Florida
Charlotte, North Carolina
6 People I Want To Get To Know Better (yes, this means you are tagged!)
Sugar at I Like Pi
Rhea at Word Tangle
Jill at One Wired Woman
Firefly Mom at Pack of Hungry Snails
Nissa at Nissa’s Niceties
Angie at Angie’s Spot
Five Random Things:
- Today we finished watching the Indy trilogy with Katie to prep her for the new movie.
- We canceled our “subscription” to HBO when the writers went on strike. The whole reason we had HBO was for the show “Big Love.” And now season three has been postponed until the fall instead of starting now for the summer. We will probably start HBO again when “Big Love” returns. Because as you read in my habits…I am not patient. I don’t think I could wait for it to come out on DVD. “Big Love” is my other obsession. Next to LOST.
- I cannot dance. At all. I have absolutely no sense of rhythm. I can’t even follow an aerobics class or video. By the time I have sorta figured out what they are doing, they have moved on.
- I switched my major in college from Political Science to Anthropology because the subject was fascinating. And because my professor looked just like Harrison Ford. I took all the classes he offered. By the end of my freshman year, I had accumulated a number of 400 level classes by following him around.
- I met my husband in a bar. I wasn’t interested in him at all. I was actually dating someone else. But we did exchange numbers. And I did not return his calls. Until a week later when I had an argument with my boyfriend. And, the rest, as they say, is history.