You know, my Thursday Thirteens take a lot of effort. A lot. Why am I unable to make a simple list? Like the 13 things I need to do to get the girls ready for camp. Or a list of the thirteen things I have no intention of doing next week because I will be childless. Or the thirteen things I am going to do that I never get to do because my kids are at camp. Or I could get down and deep and review the last thirteen books I read for the 888 challenge. Or a list of thirteen reasons why I hate the book “Little Women.”
But I cannot think of these things. Because today is Thursday, May 29, 2008. Tonight is the finale of LOST. You can look over at the top of my left sidebar and see how many hours and minutes until it starts. And then after tonight…I have to wait until February. 2000 freakin’ 9 until my story picks up. How will I ever survive? I might need meds. Or a hobby. Or meds.
So…here I am. A hopin’ and a prayin’ that some of my multitudinous questions might be answered tonight. Like:
1. Who is Richard Alpert? And why does he not age?
2. What was up with the Dalai Lama like test Richard Alpert gave to Locke?
3. How can Christian Shepherd be a voice for Jacob? Is Jacob just “borrowing” his body? And who is Jacob anyway?
4. Is Claire dead? Was she dead back when Sawyer found her after the house exploded?
5. Will Desmond ever find Penny? Tonight? Will they find a happily ever after?
6. What does Charlie keep telling Hurley in his visits at the mental institution?
7. Why does the Oceanic Six have to keep what happened secret?
8. How are they going to move that island? Will moving the island explain the polar bears in Tunisia and the Black Rock being in the middle of the island? Or even the huge statue with the four toes?
9. How and why did Abaddon recruit Naomi, Daniel, Frank, Miles, and Charlotte? And what do they know about the island? And how?
10. Why can Ben and Widmore not kill each other? What is their connection to one another?
11. Who is in that coffin? Is it Michael?
12. Whose side is Juliet actually on? Is Ben really a “good guy?”
13. Will island time be explained? Or the time travel? Or how Ben lands in the middle of the desert? Or how he has so many passports? Or money?
Okay…I suppose that’s more than 13 questions. I’ve got hundreds of them. I’d just like to leave tonight’s episode with more questions answered than asked. Please. Or send meds.