I saw this yesterday on Heather's blog - and thought it just goes so nicely with my swap update! So, here are 11 of my favorite things:
1. Clothes shop: For me - Avenue. For everyone else - Target
2. Furniture shop: Haverty's
3. Sweets: yes, please. Peanut m&ms
4. City: all the ones I have never been to. I have a huge travel bug.
5. Drink: Coke Zero. I love that you can get this at fast food places now. I much prefer my soda from a fountain than from the can. And it needs to be over a huge amount of ice. Pellet ice if I can find it.
6. Music: I don't think I can pick just one group. And it must change on a daily basis. But, today, I think it's Coldplay
7. TV series: LOST (118 days and counting...) and Weeds
8. Film: Thank you for Smoking. Have ya'll seen this yet? Put it in your netflix queue.
9. Workout: Water aerobics with the seniors three times a week. They are all so good. I straggle. And get lapped. Repeatedly
10. Pastries: Cinnamon rolls. Yum.
11. Coffee: Yuck. I'll take my caffeine drip in the form of Coke Zero. Or tea. Love the smell of coffee. But drink it? No thanks.
Last month I hosted my first swap - a My favorite things Swap. Where you gave your own favorite things to your partner. I had 43 people participate. And I micromanaged them down to the last detail! Packages were sent out this week - and I was lucky enough to my package last Friday. Jill from Scary Mommy sent me her favorite things:I think they are also my kitty Ella's favorite things. Look at how pretty everything looks in the box! And then...I got to unwrap...which is one of my favorite things to do...and look at what Jill sent me -- a cool book that I cannot wait to read. And one that will make me crave cupcakes.Embroidered kitchen towels --or wait...is it a kitty bed? Nothing is sacred when you have a cat. Or two. A pretty silver spoon.And if you are doing Jill's contest - I think I already won! Thanks so much Jill. Your favorite things are now my favorite things. And Ella's favorite things.
I got my package all ready to send to my own swap partner - Brandy. One of the things Brandy said she did NOT want to recieve was a live animal. That's too bad. Because I had a volunteer. Or two.Here is a sneak peek
And then today, I got a surprise in the mail! One of the reasons why I hosted (and micromanaged) was because I signed up for a swap in May. And got stiffed. It was a pink, girly swap. And I sent out a package. But got nothing in return. Rhea decided to be my fairy blog mother and get me some pink.I love the pink kitchen tools! Well...I love it all! Thanks so much for all my goodies. And for all who participated in the swap. I hope you had fun. And I already have the next one in mind!
Theme song - a Coldplay collection. Because it's my favorite. Today.