Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." Ronald Reagan

Tomorrow it will be a month. An entire month. I am a great procrastinator. A month ago, I asked you to ask me questions. To provide me with a bit of blog fodder. I am sure that you have been on the edge of your chair. Pressing refresh on your page. Stalking my blog. Re-reading posts to see if you might have missed the big event. And just waiting for your questions to be answered. E-hem. It takes one to know one.

I actually answered a few of your questions at the beginning of the month. Click here if you had a homeschool question. Or if you are curious about my homeschooling answers. Go ahead. I’ll wait. You might want a jolt of caffeine before you leave.

So…these were your burning questions:

Angie from Angie’s Spot says that she has two questions. Even though she gave me a numbered list of four.

1. Did you grow up in GA? If so, would you ever want to live somewhere else? If not, what was your next favorite place to live?

I was born in Florida. And I have lived in Georgia since I was 7. I have ALWAYS wanted to live somewhere else. I wanted to be an exchange student to Brazil when I was in high school. I wanted to go to college out of state. I applied for jobs in other states. I tried to get my husband to apply for transfers at his job. I have a serious case of wanderlust.

But…it appears that I am meant to be here. And I am trying so hard to live by the adage of “blooming where I am planted.” So…I like to live vicariously through all of you.

2. Are you going to go back to school for your PhD? And what would it be in?

I am not planning to go back to school. My brain cells have left the building. But if some how they magically regenerate. I would finish up with what I started - and that is in Anthropology.

3. How did you and hubby meet?

I so wish I had a story to tell. But, mine is pretty simple. I met him in a …wait for it…wait for it...I met him at a bar. I didn’t like him much. He wasn’t my type at all. And I was actually dating someone at the time. But, the guy I was dating – well, he made me mad. And in retaliation, I called up Michael. I tend to be impulsive like that. This time it worked out rather well.

4. If you were sent to a desert island for a month, what 3 things would you bring with you?

Am I willingly going? Or will I be shipwrecked there? Will I have a hut? With a bed? And high thread count sheets? Food? Wi-fi? Or are we talking Survivor (where I would not survive) and I have three “luxury” items to bring? I guess that three basic things I would want there would be food, sunscreen, and all the books I could read.

From Rhea at Texas Word Tangle (who is giving away jambalaya today on her blog!):

If you had to constantly carry a weapon of some kind, what would it be?
My brain. It the only thing that I might be able to use properly.

If you could have one thing made out of pure gold, what would you choose?
I don’t know. Something big. And heavy. Because while the stock market is tanking…gold’s up.

If you could suddenly find out that one work of fiction was actually true, what book would you select?
Harry Potter. Maybe someone could sneak me into Diagon Alley.

Tiffany from Sprinklings of Fairy Dusts asks:

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Just one thing? My metabolism.

Did you create your own blogicon?
You can see it? I can only see it when I remember to use Firefox instead of Explorer. And no, I did not create it. I am not that savvy. Darcy over at Graphically Designing made it. She is my fairy blogmother.

Elena from Manwaring Moments wants to know:
What in the world is twittering? I see it everywhere, but don't get it.

Ah…twitter. I love twittering. It’s a site – and it simply asks you “what are you doing?” And you have to answer the question in 140 characters or less. I love it. It’s fun. Painless. And NOT a time suck. Click here and you can sign up and follow me on twitter.

So here's another, (but still answer my first b/c I really want to know). Are you a neat freak or a bit sloppy?
Somewhere in between. I like things neat. I despise clutter. I don’t like tchochkes. These things tend to get me into trouble. Because I purge. And then can never find what I need. On the sloppy side, I am not a fan of making my bed. And I procrastinate putting away the laundry.

That's it for this edition. There were more questions asked. Which I'll answer Thursday. Maybe this Thursday. Perhaps a Thursday of another week. Or month. Hello. My name is Kat. And I am procrastinator.

So...what about you? Are you good at coming up with interview questions? Have you ever interviewed anyone? Who is your favorite tv/radio/blog interviewer? post signature

Theme song: REM -- What's the Frequency, Kenneth? Because it's about a surreal event that happened to Dan Rather. And it seems to fit.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

#1 - You ARE a purger... I will attest to that.

#2 - I do good interviews with myself...

#3 - My favorite interviewer is The Scholastic Scribe because she's been interviewing me and her questions always make me laugh.

Swirl Girl said...

I always have good questions in mind - but procrastinate on actually asking them. I've never been interviewed, so I don't know if I would be all snarky (ha-ha) or not. Probably would.

I loved Phil Donahue ...

Jen said...

I used to work on my high school newspaper and interviewed a lot of people but some where since leaving high school and having children all those skills left me.

Firefly Mom said...

I'm a bit sloppy but I'd love to be a neat freak. I actually *prefer* things neat and orderly, I just don't enjoy doing the requisite work ;D

Hmm, I do "interview" my family for scrapbook layouts. Does that count?? One of our favorite things to do while we're eating, traveling, etc. is to ask each other questions like: What's your current favorite TV show? What movie did you hate the most? If you could eat one food everyday, what would it be? Stuff like that.

Aleta said...

Thank you for explaining Twittering and I'm so glad that someone asked, because it was something I wondered about!

Brandy said...

Twitter is good. But mainly I update at work because I'm in front of the computer all day. Blogging. :)

I think I could come up with some unusual questions and depending on who it was maybe controversial.

Finding Normal said...

I've never interviewed anyone or been interviewed. I'm thinking like crazy for those 10 questions, and I'm very very nervous that you a. won't like my questions or b. will have already used them all or c. will think they're dumb.

Susie said...

I was "interviewed" on 5 Minutes for Mom and my favorite interviewer would have to be Oprah.

Rhea said...

I think I'm decent at coming up with interview questions. I think it might be time to interview my kids again. Or have them interview me...or something.

I went on a field trip today with the first grade to a pumpkin patch and t hen came home with a migraine-like headache. I'm still recovering.

About time you answered some questions.

Elena said...

THank you about the Twitter answer! I'm really naive to all this internet stuff. I love that you would chose Harry Potter to be real. So would I. And no, I can't see your blogicon. I'm going to have to open you up on Firefox to see it.

Debbie said...

I haven't tried the interview thing with myself. But this was very interesting to read Ms. Kat...and FYI, I went back to read the homeschooling stuff last week!

Debbie said...

I haven't tried the interview thing with myself. But this was very interesting to read Ms. Kat...and FYI, I went back to read the homeschooling stuff last week!

Wep said...

I always love getting to know people better :)

sassy stephanie said...

Man, I used to interview assistants in my old life (escrow officer). Now my brain is as mushy as oatmeal. I'd prolly ask Qs like "do you go tee tee on the potty?".

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Hey, I'm a Florida Cracker too! ;) Loved reading these.

Never been interviewed... never interviewed someone else.

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

That's a hoot! I actually came over to answer a few questions!

I mostly went to BlogHer to meet and greet and see what I could learn first hand about making my blog better. I knew I would leave with a ton of new blogs to read, plus the possiblility of bringing some new readers to my own.

I have just now started to cultivate those links, so we'll see what comes of that, but the empowerment I left with that day was positively intoxicating. We're talking a group hug, I can do anything, take that big bad establishment kind of mojo.

I'm hoping the big one will be on the East coast next summer, but it will happen no matter what. It's really about "The Big One" and this was the first time they did the Reach Out Tour. Hopefully the feedback they've gotten from us will encourage another Tour.

I have so much more to share with you guys too. Two more sessions and a TON of links!

Angie's Spot said...

I suck at interview questions. And apparently, I have trouble with simple math as well. Thanks for pointing THAT out to everyone.

I interviewed my kids earlier this year and a local circuit court judge when I was 14. And, sadly, I don't think my interview skills really improved in the 19 years between those 2 events.

My fave interviewer is Jon Stewart. LOVE HIM.

Jennifer P. said...

I love that your brain is your weapon!

And i am a horrible interviewer. My questions are too obscure and, really, kinda stupid. :)

I love hearing Glen Beck interview anyone!

Unknown said...

Haary Potter - who wouldn't want that to be real??

I've interviewed teachers when I worked on the school newspaper when I was about 14. And no I wasn't particularly good at it :)
I'm way better with fiction.

Lula! said...

I was going to impress you with my trivia skills and then got to the very end of this post and went, "DANGIT. She knows the Dan Rather story." And my smarty pants flew out the window.

Did you know I love REM? LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Even though Michael Stipe's political agenda angers me (not his leanings, but the fact that he's such a *ick about it--I mean, dude--settle down a bit!) and he has to make everything a freakin' issue. But whatever. I still love 'em.

OK, rambling.

I am not good at coming up with interview questions. But my favorite interviewer is Bill O'Reilly...because he calls people on their crap and doesn't back down. You are not surprised by this, either. I know.

Shannon said...

I think the only interview I've done was the one with my girls a few months ago... and even then, all I did was ask them a few of their favorite things. Not very creative or original.

Carrie said...

Okay, how is twitter not a time suck? haha

I have never thought about interviewing people, but I've been interviewed. My husband used to interview country stars and he was really good at it!

But I agree with Lula. O'Reilly doesn't let people just give the talking points.