Today is November 1st. In Mexico they are celebrating Dia De Los Muertos. Or perhaps you are remebering loved ones in honor of All Saints Day. You could be celebrating Samhain if you live in Ireland. Or Independence day in Antigua. Or perhaps World Vegan Day has a special significance for you.
But now...November 1st can mark another BIG event.
With the launching of my 10 weeks of weekend winners. Do you think that wiki will add me to their list of events? Hey. It's Wiki. I could add myself.
For the next 10 weekends, there will be a prize to be had. Some weeks there will even be more than one winner. And the prizes...well, they are all some of my very favorite things.
What's the first prize you ask??
You know, I am one of the few blogs that plays music. There was a revolt over the summer. And I even heard that a lot of people won't read a blog that has music playing. I somehow don't think that is true for you all. And I thank you for not abandoning me even though I play music. This just wouldn't be as fun without you!
A few weeks ago when I blogged about meeting Lizzy - I used the song "Popular" from the Wicked soundtrack. I had so many hits that day. And my site meter went a little crazy telling me how long people were staying. And even Brandy told me that she stayed on my blog all day...and kept refreshing after the song ended.So the first prize is the soundtrack to the musical "Wicked." So you can listen to Popular. My favorite- "Defying Gravity" - and all the other Tony award winning songs. Any time you like. Even in your car. And if you sing "Popular" at the top of your lungs, your children will think you are very cool. And they'll bow down to your prowess.
Oh, but wait. There's more.
As many of you guessed. When I was at the gay bookstore this week, I got an extra copy of Wicked. And had it autographed by Gregory Maguire. And not simply autographed. But personalized. Just for the winner.As Jeff Probst says - "worth playing for?"
Here are the rules:
1. contest is open from now until Friday, November 7th.
2. For one entry: comment here. Tell me about your favorite plays or musicals. When was the last time you saw a live performance? Have you ever been on stage?
3. For another entry - sign up to follow me. I want to be "pop-u-laaaaaarrrr." (If you are already a follower...you automatically get another entry.)
4. For another entry - post about the 10 weeks of winners on your blog.You can use the following text for a linking photo (with many thanks to Carrie at Oikology for all the tech support!):
5. Winner will be randomly chosen and then announced next Saturday - along with the second prize - as we head towards 10 weeks of weekend winners.