There is just something comforting about cake. I am not sure what exactly it is. Maybe the texture. Maybe the feelings it evokes. Maybe it's just the chocolate.And there is something equally comforting in reading a good book. Maybe it's the visuals - that you control. The words that you can lose yourself in. Or maybe it's just the
sex romance. If the book is Outlander, anyway.
And our lucky winner this week. Picked by random number generator. This person really wants to be comforted by cake. And good books. And since she's Buried in children, I think a little comfort is quite fitting. Congrats Jen for being this week's winner! (email me your address and I'll get your ginormous box right out to you)
And now, this week's prize. Can you believe that we are over half way through the prize extravaganza? This week I have been thinking a lot about "classic" TV series. I don't mean classic in the sense of "Leave it to Beaver" or even "The Cosby Show." But more along the lines of an "everyone should see it" series.
I have a passion for certain kinds of shows. Shows that really tell a good story. But I also love that hint of "other." Of mystery. Mythology. The possibility of paranormal. Shows like Twin Peaks. Or X-files. Or more recently Fringe has soothed my anticipation for the return of my very favorite show - LOST.
Do you watch LOST? Are you addicted? So addicted that after you have watched an episode. An episode that you naturally paused and went back to scenes. Several times. That you have to log onto lostpedia to read the theories. Find out about all the connections that you would never have noticed. And spend much time contemplating how people come up with this stuff. All the while proclaiming how cool it all is. And wishing that everyone would be equally as addicted so that you can discuss theories.
So, the first part of our prize package is the season one dvd of LOST. You can join the parade. There is still time to catch up on all the seasons before the new one starts. There is a LOST countdown clock in my upper left sidebar. 46 more days! Or if you are already a fan...you can take yourself back to the beginning of the show. And watch again. Contemplate things like who ARE those Adam and Eve skeletons they find? What is the Smoke monster? And when in time does this all happen?
I also love drama series. Like House. Or Big Love. Or my recent addiction to The Tudors. With their special colors. And there are so many series that I have never seen...and want to see. Like The Sopranos. Or Buffy. Or True Blood. Or Dexter.
And laughter. I like to laugh. At shows like Two and a Half Men. Or my mom just got my girls into Third Rock from the Sun. I had forgotten how funny that show was. And recently. I have become addicted to the show Weeds. Addicted is an apt word. As the show is about a suburban mom whose husband suddenly passes away. And she resorts to selling weed to maintain her lifestyle. It is an absolutely hilarious show. Off kilter. And sure to give you the munchies.
To summarize - this week you are playing for LOST season 1 dvd AND a copy of Weeds, season 1 DVD. Also, a second name will be drawn for another Weeds season 1 dvd.
Worth playing for?
This is what you need to do:
1. Post a comment here. Tell me about your favorite TV series. Do you have a DVR or tivo? Do you watch series from cable channels? What series have you not seen, that you want to see?
2. For another entry...follow me. Only five more to make it to 170! Do you think I can crack 200 before we are all said and done?? If you already follow me, you also get an extra entry.
3. Blog about this week's contest.
4. When you comment you get an entry. When you follow, come back and leave another comment saying you follow me. When you post about it...come back and leave a comment saying you did it. Then I can truly use random number generator and I won't have to type in all those names!
5. Contest ends Friday at midnight. Winners have one week to email me to claim prizes. All unclaimed prizes will be added back into the pot. Winner will be announced next Saturday. Along with the week seven prizes!
Theme song: Tom Petty - Last Dance with Mary Jane